[lsst-dm-stack-users] How to calculate RMS, sigma-clipped RMS on DM Winter2013 Stripe82 forced photometry

Michael Wood-Vasey wmwv at pitt.edu
Thu Jan 17 08:33:18 PST 2013

Hi Simon,

Good to chat with you last week.  As we discussed, adding the following three quantities that are currently being calculated would satisfy the first interest for my variability studies.  More sophisticated moments, etc. can wait for further development.

1. sigma-clipped mean  (5-sigma ?)
2. RMS from sigma-clipped mean
3. chisq from sigma-clipped mean

What's the status of this re-calculation and reloading of the database?

Can you remind me the number of sigma for clipping?

Thanks,
Michael