[lsst-dm-stack-users] Summer2012 demo for ImSim images?

Simon Krughoff simon.krughoff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:08:00 PST 2013

Hi Debbie,

I took a first pass at this on the  wiki page at:
https://dev.lsstcorp.org/trac/wiki/installing/Sims

Unfortunately I did this work on an EC2 instance, so you can't follow it
exactly.  The biggest problem is the calibration products.  What version of
the phosim are you using?  I've got flats for v2 phosim staged at NCSA, but
I don't believe we have flats for images produced with phosim v3.

The way we have been getting around the lack of flats for v3 is to use the
eimages which now have background in them.  The trick is to turn off the QE
variation and then you can treat the eimages like (perfectly) calibrated
science images.  I've cc'd Andy C. so he can tell you how to turn off the
QE.

Simon

--
K. Simon Krughoff