[lsst-dm-stack-users] New release of the software stack

Mario Juric mjuric at lsst.org
Fri May 17 00:08:16 PDT 2013

On 5/15/13 18:50 , James Chiang wrote:
> Hi Mario,
>
> I just saw that the image slicing syntax is available in the new
> release.  That would indeed be useful for us to have for the Camera
> sensor test scripts.  Also, we are planning to use v6_2 as the basis
> for our workflow demo for the DESC computing workshop next month, so
> it would be great to have binary distributions of that release
> available for people to grab.
>
> If you could bump up the creation of binary distributions in your
> priority list, it would be most appreciated!

Jim, Heather,
	I just pushed out v6_2 binaries for RHEL6, RHEL5, Ubuntu 12.04 and OSX
10.8. OSX 10.7 will have to wait until I'm back in the US tomorrow
(they're built on my laptop, and I'm typing this from FRA right now).

	Could you try these out (on a "throw-away" install first!)? Note that
v6_2 is not tagged as 'current' yet, so do something like:

	setup -t v6_2 afw

to get it active. Once it's shown to be working fine, I'll make it current.

Cheers,
--
Mario Juric,
Data Mgmt. Project Scientist, Large Synoptic Survey Telescope