[lsst-dm-stack-users] Working against a common DMstack installation

Heather Kelly heather625 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 11:59:57 PDT 2013

Hi,

There's a desire to work against our common installation of the DMstack at
SLAC.

I was looking here:
https://dev.lsstcorp.org/trac/wiki/Installing/Winter2013

Specifically at "Installing packages to a personal directory"
When I did (after source $LSST_HOME/loadLSST.sh)

mksandbox mystack

This did create mystack whick contained 2 empty directories:  Linux64 and
ups

Then as page continues:

export LSST_DEVEL="$PWD/mystack"
source $LSST_HOME/loadLSST.sh     (which for me - is just pointing back at
the shared binary installation)

It's then suggested we can do things like:
eups distrib install obs_lsstSim
where my hope would be to grab the latest tag perhaps of obs_lsstSim.. or
maybe we want the latest bit of development, so I suppose I would use git
instead and do something more like what is described in "Developing for the
LSST DM Stack"

When using eups distrib install - the results should be stored in our local
area?  That didn't seem to be the case for me.

Poking around.. links like "GettingStarted" and any links related to eups,
seems to have gone missing.

Hints appreciated :)
Take care,
Heather