[lsst-dm-stack-users] Using the DM stack without astrometry

Dustin Lang dstn at cmu.edu
Thu May 30 07:19:24 PDT 2013

Hi Debbie,

Simon and I recently worked through a similar problem with a "grid" imsim image,
and in the end it turned out that the imsims should have close-enough WCS
headers that meas_astrom can lock them down; do this by setting:

forceKnownWcs=True
calculateSip=True

(We also found, in that case, that Simon had cleverly randomized the star
positions to try to help out the astrometry solution, except due to a
book-keeping problem two different randomizations were applied; worth checking
that your grids don't have the same problem?)

cheers,
dustin