[lsst-dm-stack-users] Some notes about eups manual on LSST

Fabrice Jammes fabrice.jammes at in2p3.fr
Thu Nov 14 18:11:43 PST 2013

Hello Robert,

Thanks a lot for your help.

About the second point :

- i've used pandoc to convert from latex to rst. The output is attached (i
had to quick fix lines 664 and 2583).
sphinx then generates a reasonable correct html for this.

- you're right, eups is successfully installed even if tex packages aren't
available, but the above error message worried me so that i was not sure
it has worked.

$ make install
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/eups/python'
In site
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/src/eups/site'
/opt/lsst/site/startup.py exists; not overwriting
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/eups/site'
In ups
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/src/eups/ups'
cp eups.table /opt/lsst/eups/ups
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/eups/ups'
In doc
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/src/eups/doc'
/bin/sh: 1: latex: not found
Could not build eups.aux (ignoring)
/bin/sh: 1: pdflatex: not found
Could not build eups.pdf (ignoring)
Running latex2html
/bin/sh: 1: latex2html: not found
latex2html failed; writing dummy eups.html
cp: cannot stat ‘eups.pdf’: No such file or directory
Not all documentation files copied (ignoring)
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/eups/doc'

Indeed you're right, it perfectly works even if tex packages aren't
installed, but it seems not so clear for a new user.

Thanks again for your help and have a nice day,

Fabrice