[lsst-dm-stack-users] adding a new module to the DMstack installed python

Heather Kelly heather at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 26 10:08:33 PST 2013

Hi,

At SLAC, we have interest in adding sqlalchemy to our python
distribution that is installed as part of the DMstack on RHEl5-64.
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/

I'm a little uncertain how to do this is in the context of eups.  I'm
starting to think it would be easier to do a fresh install of DMstack
(Winter 2013 v6_2) from source and use the manifest.remap to indicate
that we have our own installation of python with all the appropriate
modules installed.  That way, if we have future python modules we wish
to use here at SLAC - it's quite easy to add them via pip or whatever.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Take care,
heather