[lsst-dm-stack-users] Stumbling while Running

Dave Monet dgm at nofs.navy.mil
Fri Nov 29 10:32:44 PST 2013

Just more questions as I try stuff on the Running page.

1) The suggested
     eups list -s >myversions
   seems to work, but the suggested
     setup -m myversions
   starts every output line with "Unrecognized line:".  Am I doing
   something wrong?

2) The suggested
     eups distrib install meas_extensions_multiShapelet -t Summer2013
   has a large number of lines like
     Required product gsl 1.15+1 is already installed; use --force to reinstall
   These sound like they can be ignored.  Should they?

3) I don't understand what the "-t Summer2013" actually does.  Near the
   top of the page, the first suggestion is
     setup -t Summer2013 pipe_tasks
   but after getting the tarball, the next bit suggests
     setup pipe_tasks
   Is the "-t Summer2013" some form of a NoOp, or perhaps pipe_tasks
   remembers that it was first setup with this option?

4) Are the "setup" done once, or every time I login?

5) Was the example for processCcdSdss supposed to run on data in the
   tarball?  If so, there is no directory "sdss" anywhere I can find,
   nor is it obvious what the /lsst7/stripe82/dr7/runs should be on
   my machine.  Or was I supposed to look somewhere for the meaning of
   the arguments in the list?

Sorry.
-Dave