[lsst-dm-stack-users] executing eups through proxy

Brett Viren bv at bnl.gov
Tue Sep 17 06:38:43 PDT 2013

Hi Heather,

wget and curl (and sometimes Python code, depending on Python version
and how the code it's written) respond to "standard" proxy related
environment variables.  Command line users at BNL get used to setting
these.

Here is what I typically have set:

bviren at lycastus:~> env|grep -i proxy|sort
all_proxy=socks://192.168.1.165:3128/
ALL_PROXY=socks://192.168.1.165:3128/
ftp_proxy=http://192.168.1.165:3128
FTP_PROXY=http://192.168.1.165:3128
http_proxy=http://192.168.1.165:3128
HTTP_PROXY=http://192.168.1.165:3128
https_proxy=http://192.168.1.165:3128
HTTPS_PROXY=http://192.168.1.165:3128
no_proxy=localhost,127.0.0.0/8,*.bnl.gov,webmail.bnl.gov,bnl.gov,.bnl.gov
NO_PROXY=localhost,127.0.0.0/8,*.bnl.gov,webmail.bnl.gov,bnl.gov,.bnl.gov

Note: some time in the near future we have been promised that the
internal BNL network will move to a transparent proxy (as our wireless
has already done) and these environment shenanigans will be put behind
us.

-Brett.