[lsst-dm-stack-users] How to update a stack release

Kian-Tat Lim ktl at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 17 20:24:47 PDT 2014

Dominique,

> This is probably a very basic question but I am not able to find the
> documentation.
> I have installed the stack v8.0. I now need to apply some
> patches(afw - tickets/DM-316, ...) and to rebuild everything. How
> can I do that ?

	I don't think anyone has answered this yet.

	There are two ways to do this.

Manual: git clone the source for the packages you need to change.
If any packages have incompatible binary API changes, you will also need
all packages containing C++ "above" them in the dependency tree.  git
checkout the branches you need.  In each package, starting with the
lowest in the dependency tree, do "setup -k -r ." and then "scons
opt=3".  Repeat until you get to the code you want to execute.

(More) automated (but does rebuild everything once):
$ git clone git at git.lsstcorp.org:LSST/DMS/devenv/lsst_build.git
$ setup -r lsst_build
$ export REPOSITORY_PATTERN="git://git.lsstcorp.org/LSST/DMS/%(product)s.git|git://git.lsstcorp.org/LSST/DMS/devenv/%(product)s.git|git://git.lsstcorp.org/LSST/DMS/testdata/%(product)s.git|git://git.lsstcorp.org/LSST/external/%(product)s.git"
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cat > exclusions.txt <<EOF
# Exclusion map. Format:
# dependency regex      product regex
cuda_toolkit            .*
cuda_sdk                .*
scipy                   .*
healpy                  .*
condor                  .*
afwdata			.*
EOF
$ lsst-build prepare --exclusion-map=exclusions.txt . lsst_distrib
$ lsst-build build .

See <http://ls.st/i5r> (but do not use the versiondb yet).

	Corrections by others are welcome.

Kian-Tat Lim, LSST Data Management, ktl at slac.stanford.edu