[lsst-dm-stack-users] How to update a stack release

Robert Lupton the Good rhl at astro.princeton.edu
Mon Apr 21 13:50:58 PDT 2014

> I finally restarted from scratch with newinstall.sh.

You should never have to do that!  I'm not saying that this wasn't the best choice for you given how much support you got, but you should always be able to simply update the bits you need.  I'm sorry that we dropped the ball on helping you (we are a little busy...)

This isn't just wishful thinking;  we do this in e.g. Princeton all the time.