[lsst-dm-stack-users] How to update a stack release

Simon Krughoff simon.krughoff at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:28:44 PDT 2014

Hi Dominique,

The default is for eups to look for the version of a package tagged as
'current.'  Since you don't have any packages tagged 'current,' eups
doesn't know which version to set up.

You can set up an eups tagged version of the stack with the -t switch.  So
given that b8 seems to be the tag associated with the latest build on your
machine, you can do:
$> setup -t b8 pipe_tasks
and it will set up all the b8 tagged dependencies of pipe_tasks.

You could also set every package to be current by doing:
$> eups declare -c [package_name] b8
for each package.  Then you could just setup pipe_tasks.

Hope this helps.
Simon

--
K. Simon Krughoff