[lsst-dm-stack-users] anaconda problems in stack

Lynne Jones ljones.uw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 16:56:42 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Just an update - we’re having several people who are installing MAF for the cadence workshop having problems with the anaconda installation. I don’t know for sure what the problem is as I haven’t been able to recreate it myself or find an obvious enough solution to troubleshoot with over email. I think most of the people with issues have Macs with Mavericks which have been migrated from older versions of the OS, but it’s not the /Developer directory itself (because in at least one case this was removed). It’s nothing obvious with DYLD or LD library paths or an ARCH env variable either (none of these were set).

The workaround we’ve been going with is to just have people install anaconda themselves — the newest anaconda (which is now version 2.0, compared to the LSST version of 1.8) seems to have no problem installing. From there, as long as anaconda is picked up as the correct python, the sims stuff  (which includes afw, so most of the DM stack too I think) will install.

Lynne