[lsst-dm-stack-users] Trying out the Anaconda python with a RHEL6 installation

Mario Juric mjuric at lsst.org
Thu Feb 13 09:02:01 PST 2014

On 2/13/14, 9:56 , Michael Wood-Vasey wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Nice catch.  Thanks for doing all of this work.
>
> Mario et al.: Does
>
> echo $0
>
> satisfy the needs here (it will produce things like '-tcsh' or '-bash'), or do you need to know the actual executable?

We only need to know the shell type (e.g., Bourne or C), to know whether
to use (e.g.) export or setenv, etc.

This page:

	http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3327013/how-to-determine-the-current-shell-im-working-on

has a nice set of heuristics on how to detect shell types, and I'm sure
we can cook up something using that.

PS: In the next release the intent is for loadLSST.sh to go away
entirely (the entire stack gets fully managed by EUPS), which may make
this issue disappear as well (as I think Robert was careful re how he
detects the shell for EUPS; if not, we'll fix it).

--
Mario Juric,
Data Mgmt. Project Scientist, Large Synoptic Survey Telescope