[lsst-dm-stack-users] A test development version of Winter'14 stack

Chris Walter chris.walter at duke.edu
Wed Feb 19 10:33:20 PST 2014

Hi Mario,

OK, I also built with no problems on 10.9.1.  Nice job!

I have a few questions on how to use this version of the system:

- now loadLSST.sh etc are gone. So, I take it we should just 'source
eups/bin/setups.csh' etc now. Is that right? It does everything we need?

- Then we do a setup.  Can I do the same setup I did before?

say: 'setup pipe_tasks'?  Or do I need to 'setup lsst_distrib' etc?

- What is the difference between

eups distrib install lsst
eups distrib install lsst_distrib
eups distrib install lsst_apps ?

- How can I tell what is a stub or not (either before or after installation)?  'eups list' no longer shows 'system' for matplotlib etc.  I found a note from Robert that said 'eups startup' would show the manifest but for me that doesn't return anything.

Thanks,

-Chris