[lsst-dm-stack-users] missing Bison etc.

Kian-Tat Lim ktl at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Jun 28 07:29:51 PDT 2014

Dave,

> Of course, the cognoscenti realized yesterday afternoon
> that my local version (i.e., under /home/dgm/linux) of
> Bison would not be found by newinstall.sh, and that
> this exercise was just a waste of time.

	I don't think it's that bad.  I often have a number of things
installed in user-space (I don't have root access on my machine,
either), and things usually work fine, sometimes with a need to add an
extra environment variable or argument.  We can and should make this
process work (and document it) in your environment.

Kian-Tat Lim, LSST Data Management, ktl at slac.stanford.edu