[lsst-dm-stack-users] geom package dependencies

Fabrice Jammes fabrice.jammes at in2p3.fr
Fri May 30 05:50:47 PDT 2014

Hello,

geom package contains only two python files : geometry.py and
tests/geometry.py. Nevertheless, in order to run its unit tests
procedure, file tests/geometry.py relies on utils package. And utils
depends on "base", "pex_exceptions", "numpy" and "boost". Could we avoid
adding such a long dependency list to geom, only for running tests ?
Indeed these dependencies will also be added to Qserv as it depends on
geom. Please note that Qserv doesn't require for now eups packages numpy
and boost (as for now it uses system numpy and boost). Furthermore, I
think numpy dependency may be removed from Qserv with the use of Serge
partitioner.

Otherwise, could you explain me the meaning of "import lsstimport" in
python/lsst/_/init/_.py ? (It seems lsstimport is related to SWIG, and
geom doesn't build SWIG modules. So is this import usefull for geom )

Thanks for your help, and have a nice day,

Fabrice