[lsst-dm-stack-users] issues with creating a new repository in the contrib space

Johann Cohen-Tanugi johann.cohen-tanugi at univ-montp2.fr
Thu Oct 9 12:14:15 PDT 2014

Hello,
sorry for the dumb question, but I seem to be missing something to
manage to create a new package in the contrib space. Following
https://dev.lsstcorp.org/trac/wiki/GitDemoAndTutorial#CreatingarepositoryinLSSThierarchyadminsonly
I did :
mkdir eochar
cd eochar
git init
touch .gitignore
git add .gitignore
git commit -m "FIRST COMMIT ON NEW PKG" .gitignore
[master (root-commit) 5397bc6] FIRST COMMIT ON NEW PKG
   1 file changed, 7 insertions(+)
   create mode 100644 .gitignore
git remote add origin git at git.lsstcorp.org:contrib/eochar.git
git push --all -u
Initialized empty Git repository in /var/lib/git/contrib/eochar.git/
Counting objects: 3, done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 282 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: C refs/heads/master contrib/eochar cohen DENIED by fallthru
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master

At that point I can see the package in
https://dev.lsstcorp.org/cgit/contrib/  but it is empty.... Am I missing
some permissions, am I doing something wrong?

best,
Johann Cohen-Tanugi

P.S. Note that I ran  gitolite trash contrib/eochar.git to clean the
slate.....

--
Johann Cohen-Tanugi, Chargé de Recherche CNRS
Laboratoire Univers et Particules de Montpellier (LUPM)