[lsst-dm-stack-users] Binary distribution of LSST stack available via CernVM FS

Fabio Hernandez fabio at in2p3.fr
Tue Oct 21 06:20:18 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have made progress preparing a binary distribution of LSST stack v9.2 and making it available via CernVM FS. Once properly installed and configured, you will be able to use this distribution from your personal computer, your virtual machines or your containers, without installing the stack from source. Upcoming official releases of the stack would be made available in the same way.

I'm now looking for beta-testers and feedback from the LSST community to understand if this way of distributing the stack is useful for you. If you are adventurous enough to test, you will find detailed instructions on the one-time installation and configuration process at the address:

https://github.com/airnandez/lsst-cvmfs

The repository is hosted by CC-IN2P3 and is to be considered experimental. We need your feedback to understand if this is useful before proceeding consolidating the service.

Hope this helps. Cheers,

Fabio Hernandez

CNRS – IN2P3 Computing Centre · Lyon (France)     ·     e-mail: fabio at in2p3.fr     ·     tel: +33 4 78 93 08 80