[LSST|dm-users 539] Re: Boost install error in eups on OS X Yosemite

Will Dawson will at dawsonresearch.com
Mon Feb 9 15:57:13 PST 2015

John,

> On Feb 9, 2015, at 3:41 PM, John Swinbank <swinbank at princeton.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>> I am trying to build the LSST stack on my macs running Yosemite and encounter the following error related to the boost 1.55.0.1+2 installation:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/fc55c9994d13e6355650.git
>
> That looks like an empty page to me, but https://gist.github.com/fc55c9994d13e6355650 works.

Thanks for correcting the link address.

>> I have boost 1.57.0 installed via mac ports (yes I know some prefer Homebrew). I am new to the LSST DM Stack so any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I also have:
>
>  $ port installed boost
>  The following ports are currently installed:
>    boost @1.57.0_0+no_single+no_static+python27 (active)
>
> But I have no problems installing Boost through the LSST stack.
>
> Have you performed any magic in an attempt to get the stack to use your Macports-installed Boost rather than the stack version which might still be infecting your environment?

I have not performed any such magic yet. I am not entirely sure how I would go about this but guess it would involve hacking the eups code (which I am not familiar with).

> Might be worth posting the whole of /Users/dawson/lsst/EupsBuildDir/DarwinX86/boost-1.55.0.1+2/build.log rather than just the extract in the Gist above.

Good advice. I added this as a second file (named: boost-1.55.0.1+2 build.log) to:
https://gist.github.com/fc55c9994d13e6355650 <https://gist.github.com/fc55c9994d13e6355650>
Based on this log it seems as though there is a problem with a missing pyconfig.h file. Note that I am using Enthought Canopy as my python distribution rather than Anaconda.

I will dig into this a git more,

Thanks,
Will