[LSST|dm-users 575] Re: pipe_tasks 10.0+1 build error

Tim Jenness tjenness at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 11 17:06:12 PST 2015

On Feb 11, 2015, at 18:00 , Jim Bosch <jbosch at astro.princeton.edu<mailto:jbosch at astro.princeton.edu>> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Robert Lupton the Good <rhl at astro.princeton.edu<mailto:rhl at astro.princeton.edu>> wrote:
> I’m pretty sure that v9.2 did not run the tests when it built the software. v10.0 was the first release that turned testing on during the build.

Can you explain that?  scons should run the tests by default, although some are turned off if e.g. afwdata is not setup.

I suspect the actual situation is that v10.0 was the first one in which a test failure was considered a fatal failure in the build; that was indeed a recent change.

Yes. Sorry. If a test runs but no-one is listening to the answer, did it really run...