[LSST|dm-users 577] Re: Problem with "Testing the Installation"

Kian-Tat Lim ktl at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 12 22:09:14 PST 2015

Will,

	I don't think anyone has said this yet...

>  Tim Jenness informed me that the latest version is v10_0. This wasn’t clear from the release history on the LSST Software User Guide <https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/LSST+Software+User+Guide> (which list 9.2 as the latest release), or from the Building the LSST Stack from Source <https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/Building+the+LSST+Stack+from+Source> (which also notes 9.2). Should I upgrade to v10.0?

	v10_0 is a sort of strange release.  It is the closest we have
to our official Summer2014 release, but it was actually done
substantially later, has more things in it, and did not undergo as much
testing as we would like at the time it was cut.  That's one of the
reasons why the "official" documentation sources you're citing don't
mention it yet.

> > Finally, shouldn’t I be submitting this stuff as an issue on github or bitbucket rather than emailing this list?

	Even now that we have moved to GitHub for the source code and
code reviews in pull requests, we are not (yet) using GitHub issues for
bug reports and the like.  jira.lsstcorp.org is our official issue
tracker.  We're working on ways for non-LSST personnel to post to it.

Kian-Tat Lim, LSST Data Management, ktl at slac.stanford.edu