[LSST|dm-users 591] Re: DM and SL7?

Fabio Hernandez fabio at in2p3.fr
Thu Mar 19 07:38:17 PDT 2015

Dear Heather,

I just verified that the binary distribution of the LSST stack v9.2 we have been experimenting with, also works on Scientific Linux 7, in addition to Scientific Linux 6 and Ubuntu 14.04. By "works" I mean the official way of testing the installation [1] runs successfully on all of those systems.

You may want to try it out. The details on how to install can be found at the address

https://github.com/airnandez/lsst-cvmfs

Hope this helps,

[1] https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/Testing+the+Installation

On 2015/03/17, at 1:31 , Kelly, Heather Maria <heather at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was queried about a potential upgrade to Scientific Linux 7 .. and.. I'm not sure anyone has done that with LSST Stack yet?  Looking here, it seems not:
> https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/Prerequisites
>
> Has anyone tried it out yet?....

Fabio Hernandez
CNRS – IN2P3 Computing Centre · Lyon (France)     ·     e-mail: fabio at in2p3.fr     ·     tel: +33 4 78 93 08 80