[LSST|dm-users 634] Re: Error when Running Chris Walter's: Introduction to the DM AFW packages ipython notebook

Chris Walter chris.walter at duke.edu
Sat May 9 04:16:38 PDT 2015

Hi Robert,

> While I have your attention:

Always.

> 	1. github just started rendering notebooks for us (rah rah); no need for nbviewer

Yes, I’m happy to see this feature!  It looks like there is still a place for nbviewer though.  I don’t see a way to display the page without it being embedded in the github interface which we sometimes need when serving things up from web pages etc.  Also, nbviewer caches it’s results for sometime, which is nice.

But, what we really need, is a way to see diffs on the rendered notebooks.   If anyone could pass that suggestion on to github folks that would be great.  It’s pretty hard to see really see the differences when you are looking at the json code between two versions. But, if we could see the side-by-side diffs of the rendered output we could really easily deal with pull requests etc.

> 	2. we are about (this month?) to start running experimental brighter-fatter corrections on the HSC side

Are you going to use the A.~Guyonnet, P.~Astier et al. correction method like the DES people?

-Chris