[LSST|dm-users 688] Re: Is there a verbose measurement argument?

Jim Bosch jbosch at astro.princeton.edu
Thu May 28 11:16:57 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Chris Walter <chris.walter at duke.edu> wrote:

> Is there a way for him to increase the verbosity in the new class by doing
> something like this:
>
> pexLog.Log.getDefaultLog().setThreshold(pexLog.Log.WARN)
>
> (which I used to make it less verbose)?

You can do something like that for the pipeline in general (I don't know
the exact incantation), but the measurement algorithms don't necessarily
log problems at all if it's a known failure mode they have a flag for.  We
aim to make essentially all failure modes known ones, so measurements will
rarely log anything, and when they do, it's completely redundant with
what's in the flags.

Jim