[LSST|dm-users 695] LSST Stack Version 11.0 (Summer 2015 Release)

Frossie Economou frossie at lsst.org
Fri Oct 2 03:49:11 PDT 2015

Version 11.0 of the LSST Stack (aka Summer 2015) is available and packaged as v11_0

Extensive release notes can be found at http://ls.st/0qg - check them out to see what’s new! A characterisation summary can be found at http://ls.st/wek

—> If you already have a machine with the necessary prerequisites, to build from source in a clean directory:
[adapting for your shell as appropriate]

curl -O https://sw.lsstcorp.org/eupspkg/newinstall.sh
bash newinstall.sh
. loadLSST.bash
eups distrib install -t v11_0 lsst_apps

—> Otherwise consult the full installation instructions at:

https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/LSST+Stack+Installation

NOTE: The minimum version of gcc required for building this release from source is 4.8. If you use Red Hat 6.* or equivalent, consult the prerequisite page for instructions on how to use a newer gcc:

https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/OSes+and+Prerequisites

—> If you wish to try the LSST Stack without intending to do software development or stay up to date with in-cycle engineering releases, try the CernVM FS binary distribution provided by our friends at IN2P3:

https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/Binary+Installation

—> If you have questions about the LSST Stack, visit our new community forum for advice:

https://community.lsst.org/

A big thank you to all who contributed code, documentation and/or binaries, DM Team and beyond.

—
Frossie Economou - frossie at lsst.org
Technical Manager (DM/EPO)
Large Synoptic Survey Telescope