[LSST|dm-announce #1] HipChat Licenses

Jeffrey P Kantor jkantor at lsst.org
Tue Nov 11 08:57:55 PST 2014

Hello all,

As many of you are aware, we use HipChat for archived IM discussions, mostly related to development.    There is a per user license fee associated with this use, and it doesn’t make sense to retain licenses for people who are not consistent or even occasional users.  Effective now, we are implementing the following policy:

Every month we will examine the usage history of hip chat.  Any users who have not been active for 3 months will be sent a notice that unless they specifically request to be retained, they will be removed from the set of licensed users.

Thanks!

Jeff