[lsst-dm-stack-users] Binary Distributions of DM Stack Available

Dave Monet dgm at nofs.navy.mil
Sat Dec 22 04:12:17 PST 2012

I really do try to keep up with DM, but I really fail.  Yes,
I understand that I am too old and too dumb, and should really
be put out to pasture.  But folks like Robert keep insisting
that I need to use LSST software if I am going to make comments
on LSST ImSim and similar.

I think that the reason for my current failure is your
instruction to use "sudo".  Nope!  Not me on any Government
machine that I know about.  Actually, I am startled that
in this era of advanced IT security that you and others are
allowed root privilege on your machines.

Sorry.
-Dave

==================

ssta> bash lsst-distrib install
rsync: failed to connect to moya.dev.lsstcorp.org: Connection timed out
(110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(124)
[receiver=3.0.6]
Install version for which platform (destination: /opt/lsst/rhel-6-x86_64)?
    Available platforms:
    Detected platform:   rhel-6-x86_64 (UNSUPPORTED)
Enter platform, press ENTER to use 'rhel-6-x86_64', or CTRL-C to quit:

No binary distribution is available for platform 'rhel-6-x86_64'.

Install version for which platform (destination: /opt/lsst/rhel-6-x86_64)?
    Available platforms:
    Detected platform:   rhel-6-x86_64 (UNSUPPORTED)
Enter platform, press ENTER to use 'rhel-6-x86_64', or CTRL-C to quit:

Note that there is no file /opt/lsst/whatever nor can I make
such a file.