[lsst-dm-stack-users] Monet vs. git()

Paul Price price at astro.princeton.edu
Mon Oct 22 11:56:28 PDT 2012

On Oct 22, 2012, at 2:33 PM, Dave Monet wrote:
> I just have to ask.  Is there ANY other way to keep
> my version of the LSST software stack reasonably current
> without using git()?

You can run git over ssh.  In fact, this is the usual manner of using it for read-write access; I only gave the read-only URL in an attempt to solve the general problem.  If you have an account on the LSST servers and you've sent Mario your ssh public key, you should be able to use the URL: git at git.lsstcorp.org:LSST/DMS/<package>.git .

You can view and download the repositories from http://dev.lsstcorp.org/cgit/ ; but this does not allow you to easily keep up-to-date.

Aha, I found it!  You can use the URL: http://dev.lsstcorp.org/git/LSST/DMS/<package>.git .  This provides read-only access over http, so it should be unblocked, even for paranoid government agencies.  If you make some changes that you want to commit, you're welcome to send me patches.

P.