[lsst-dm-stack-users] adding scipy to DMstack installation

Paul Price price at astro.princeton.edu
Tue Apr 2 13:46:05 PDT 2013

On Apr 2, 2013, at 4:33 PM, Heather Kelly wrote:
> I actually didn't have a site/manifest.remap associated with the RHEL6-64 installation that we did from source..I had tried introducing one but it didn't seem to make any difference.  Your recipe worked out much better.

The manifest.remap file is only applied by "eups distrib", so once a product has been installed (and the dependency recorded), the remapping won't help.  You could do "eups distrib install -F" (force) to rebuild with the changed dependency, but no need now.

> I'm now trying to do a similar thing for our RHEL5-64 installation which was from the binaries you guys provided back in December...initially doing the eups distrib install --nolocks scipy failed, since it couldn't find blas or lapack - I did manage to point at our local installation of those.  Now it's failing since the link path is likely using the location of the python used when the binaries were created.  Is there a sensible way to add scipy in this case?  We don't have gcc44 for RHEL5-64 here so the binary installation seemed the best bet in this case.

I could point you to a package server that might allow you to build gcc 4.6.3 in the eups stack.  Let me know if you want to go that route.

P.