[lsst-dm-stack-users] .eups directory

Heather Kelly heather625 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 16:56:50 PST 2013

Hi,

We have started to run analysis script jobs (using DMstack) within the SLAC
Fermi pipeline.  These jobs are run under a special user account - where
there may be more than one job running at a time.  Part of the setup
includes sourcing loadLSST.sh and running setup for the bits that we're
using such as afw.  There are some error messages appearing in the logs:

Creating user data directory: /u/lt/lsstsim/.eups
> setup: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/u/lt/lsstsim/.eups'
> Creating user data directory: /u/lt/lsstsim/.eups
> setup: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/u/lt/lsstsim/.eups'
> Creating user data directory: /u/lt/lsstsim/.eups
> setup: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/u/lt/lsstsim/.eups'

Is this due to multiple jobs trying to access this .eups directory?  How
worrisome is this?  And is there a way to redirect the location used for
.eups?

Thanks,
Heather