[lsst-dm-stack-users] Can't access https://lsst-web.ncsa.illinois.edu/mydb/

Michael Wood-Vasey wmwv at pitt.edu
Wed Jan 9 11:09:25 PST 2013

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the quick response.

On Jan 9, 2013, at 09:09 , Mike Freemon <mfreemon at illinois.edu> wrote:

> The system monitoring is not reporting any problems.  I just checked myself, and it seems to be working normally.
>
> What are the specific error messages/behaviors?

I had been successfully using PHPAdmin last night to run queries through Firefox.  This morning I used the same active Firefox to try to connect to

https://lsst-web.ncsa.illinois.edu/mydb/

from new windows and never received a response.  This persisted through the hours of this morning.  I then tried with Safari and got the page

https://lsst-web.ncsa.illinois.edu/mydb/

to load.  I logged in and received an error.  I then restarted Firefox and went to

https://lsst-web.ncsa.illinois.edu/mydb/

I logged in by filling out my username and password and clicking "Go" and waited as the page asid it was contact the server and go the same login page back.  I then tried clicking "Go" again and it succeeded.  I believe this first-time fails, second-time works happened a few times yesterday, although I didn't take clear enough notes.

It did not occur to me that there was some session information that would have been preserved in this connection (visiting other web pages with that same Firefox worked perfectly fine) and was perhaps waiting for my previous query to complete or something like that.

Perhaps I'll go back to my standard non-web-based SQL clients that I understand better.

Thanks,
Michael