[lsst-dm-stack-users] Can't access https://lsst-web.ncsa.illinois.edu/mydb/

Mike Freemon mfreemon at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 9 12:14:30 PST 2013

Hi Michael,

There are some anomalous authentication-related messages in the logs,
but I don't have enough context to draw any conclusions.

Possibly related: The first challenge should be the browser popup
window, for which the account is "lsst" and the well-known password.
There are indications that on at least one occasion your first
authentication attempt was with account "wmwv".  This attempt failed,
which could be causing at least some of the symptoms you're describing,
especially since many browsers provide the option of caching this
userid/password and using it without a visual indication to the user.

If you see this happen again, please note the exact time and sequence of
events.  If we can recreate it...

- Mike