[lsst-dm-stack-users] adding scipy to DMstack installation

Paul Price price at astro.princeton.edu
Fri Mar 29 10:20:51 PDT 2013

On Mar 29, 2013, at 12:31 PM, Heather Kelly wrote:
> Anyway..  I noticed that rather than using the python (2.7.3+1) that was previously installed with the initial installation..we installed python 2.7.2+2

eups distrib should be thought of as a cloning mechanism --- you're cloning the packages that were installed somewhere else.  So the scipy you tried to install was built against python 2.7.3+1 rather than 2.7.2+2 on the master system.

There are a couple of ways you could get scipy built against python 2.7.3+1:
1. Request a new build of scipy be created that builds against python 2.7.3+1.  Perhaps the way to do this is file a ticket (component = "distrib server")?
2. Force your install to use python 2.7.3+1.  To do this, put the following in your ~/.eups/site/manifest.remap file:

python 2.7.3+1

Then, every time "eups distrib install" attempts to build python, it will substitute version 2.7.3+1 instead of whatever version it was going to do.  There's a small writeup about this functionality at https://dev.lsstcorp.org/trac/wiki/EupsTips#manifest.remap

P.