[lsst-dm-stack-users] New release of the software stack

Mario Juric mjuric at lsst.org
Thu May 2 13:02:49 PDT 2013

On 5/2/13 13:41 , Heather Kelly wrote:

> Hi Mario,
>
> While the updates in this release are likely not anything we need
> immediately, in the interest of clean living, we'd likely want to
> upgrade when it's convenient.  The binary distributions do come in handy
> - in particular for Mac and RHEL5-64 though having them available for
> all supported platforms is welcome.  We should be able to build from
> source at SLAC on RHEL6-64.

Hi Heather,
	OK, great! We'll have the binaries built, but it will probably take at
least a ~week or so (due to review + workshop travel next week).

> Jim had mentioned he hadn't noticed the update in FITS header handling
> that allowed for "." in the keywords.  Did that change make it in?  I'm
> hoping we'll be moving away from "." in favor of "_" anyhow.

Just checked, that change is not in (it requires some uncomfortable
changes in the code that we'd want to avoid, esp. if you're planning to
switch to '_' anyhow).

Cheers,
--
Mario Juric,
Data Mgmt. Project Scientist, Large Synoptic Survey Telescope