[lsst-dm-stack-users] New release of the software stack

Heather Kelly heather625 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 10:41:21 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Mario Juric <mjuric at lsst.org> wrote:

> Dear software stack users,
>         We've recently cut a new version of the LSST software stack (the
> final
> "Winter 2013" version, tagged in EUPS as "v6_2").
>
>         The "change log" can be seen by looking at the tickets that were
> closed
> since v6_1 (http://ls.st/2w3). As you'll see, the majority of
> development has been on high-level image differencing code, rather than
> the low level primitives.
>
>         LSST Camera team: could you take a look at what's new and whether
> you'd
> want to switch? We haven't released the binaries yet, and depending on
> your needs we'll (de)prioritize making them.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Mario Juric,
> Data Mgmt. Project Scientist, Large Synoptic Survey Telescope
> Web   :  http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~mjuric/
> Phone :  +1 617 744 9003       PGP: ~mjuric/crypto/public.key

Hi Mario,

While the updates in this release are likely not anything we need
immediately, in the interest of clean living, we'd likely want to upgrade
when it's convenient.  The binary distributions do come in handy - in
particular for Mac and RHEL5-64 though having them available for all
supported platforms is welcome.  We should be able to build from source at
SLAC on RHEL6-64.

Jim had mentioned he hadn't noticed the update in FITS header handling that
allowed for "." in the keywords.  Did that change make it in?  I'm hoping
we'll be moving away from "." in favor of "_" anyhow.

Take care,
Heather