[lsst-dm-stack-users] Difficulties installing DM on Ubuntu 11

Heather Kelly heather at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 22 13:56:26 PDT 2014

On 4/22/2014 12:42 AM, Paul Price wrote:
> Do check that you're following the instructions for Ubuntu 12.04 (the extra "-Wl..." flag required in MAKEFLAGS and SCONSFLAGS), as I believe the relevant change was made in Ubuntu 11.
>
> P.
Hi Paul,

Yes, initially I had forgotten that.. and then added it in.. only to
forget to include the -E option for sudo..
It would be helpful if the new user guide included that bit in the
installation instructions rather than just in "Known Issues"
https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/LSST+Software+Installation
Maybe some OS specific link, such as, if you're on Ubuntu: see here.

Take care,
Heather