[lsst-dm-stack-users] MAF install: Mac success, linux failure

Paul Price price at astro.princeton.edu
Thu Aug 7 18:48:07 PDT 2014

I've just recently built and tested a master afw with g++ 4.8.2 on Ubuntu 14.04, so I don't suspect the compiler.

I think the problem is: https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-286

Looks like Tom's is a 32-bit machine (directories refer to "Linux" instead of "Linux64"), so it would trigger the issue.  It's fixed in later versions --- looks like it merged just after the release in question was cut.

If you want to build this particular release, then I suggest pulling a fixed version of afw (e.g., 1eb0901) and installing that in place of 8.0.0.3.

P.