[lsst-dm-stack-users] MAF install: Mac success, linux failure

Jim Bosch talljimbo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 19:10:32 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Paul Price <price at astro.princeton.edu>
wrote:

> I've just recently built and tested a master afw with g++ 4.8.2 on Ubuntu
> 14.04, so I don't suspect the compiler.

This may depend on the astrometry.net version.  I built successfully on
14.04 with astrometry.net 0.50, but I couldn't get astrometry.net 0.30 to
build.

> I think the problem is: https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-286
>
> Looks like Tom's is a 32-bit machine (directories refer to "Linux" instead
> of "Linux64"), so it would trigger the issue.  It's fixed in later versions
> --- looks like it merged just after the release in question was cut.
>
> If you want to build this particular release, then I suggest pulling a
> fixed version of afw (e.g., 1eb0901) and installing that in place of
> 8.0.0.3.

...but as Paul said, you'll likely run into more downstream problems if
you're building on a 32-bit system.  We don't really support that, though
K-T is the expert on that.

Jim