[LSST|dm-users 523] Re: Fwd: Error installing meas_base during software install

Fabio Hernandez fabio at in2p3.fr
Tue Dec 9 02:18:12 PST 2014

Hi Mike,

we have been experimenting with a binary distribution of the stack (currently v9.2). We have tested this distribution method on both Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Scientific Linux 6.5. It is very likely  it also works on CentOS, although we have not tested on that system. The feedback we have got so far is encouraging, so you are welcome to try it for your use case.

The details on how to configure your Ubuntu machine for using this distribution are available here:

https://github.com/airnandez/lsst-cvmfs

I'm interested in your feedback on using this distribution method, so please let me know if it works for you (including on CentOS).

Cheers,

On 2014/12/09, at 24:55 , Mike Lund <mike.lund at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all that information, at the present I have the poor luck of the other machine I've got access to running CentOS 6.6, which is also not supported at this time, so I'll be watching for support being extended to Ubuntu 14.04 or CentOS 6.6 so that I can complete and installation and resume working with MAF again.
>
> I'm definitely also willing to try out any other distribution methods that are being explored as a guinea pig of sorts, although from looking at CernVM-FS, it seems like Fabio wouldn't have much need of that for that implementation.
>
> - Mike Lund

Fabio Hernandez
CNRS – IN2P3 Computing Centre · Lyon (France)     ·     e-mail: fabio at in2p3.fr     ·     tel: +33 4 78 93 08 80