[lsst-dm-stack-users] Trying out the Anaconda python with a RHEL6 installation

Chris Walter chris.walter at duke.edu
Fri Feb 7 10:17:25 PST 2014

> Actually skipping the manifest remap step was by design :)  At least
> that's how I read Mario's last message from 2/2/2014:

Right. But, if you look at that piece of code Mario told you to edit you will see that it is writing the remap manifest for you.  Also, be careful: don't only change the Darwin to Linux in the "if" line.  If you look down you will see that you also need to change where it writes the output files and declares things.  There are other Darwins in that code block you will need to change to "Linux64".

I changed the remap part to look like this:

    cat > $EUPS_PATH/site/manifest.remap <<-EOF
        python  system
        numpy   system
        scipy   system
        matplotlib system
EOF

Also, you will need to make the config file for numpy and declare numpy like Paul pointed out to me in yesterday's message and you will need to also declare matplotlib as being a system entry (but you don't need to make a config file for it).

-Chris