[lsst-dm-stack-users] Trying out the Anaconda python with a RHEL6 installation

Heather Kelly heather at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Feb 8 06:59:47 PST 2014

On 2/7/2014 1:17 PM, Chris Walter wrote:
>> Actually skipping the manifest remap step was by design :)  At least
>> that's how I read Mario's last message from 2/2/2014:
>>
> Right. But, if you look at that piece of code Mario told you to edit you will see that it is writing the remap manifest for you.  Also, be careful: don't only change the Darwin to Linux in the "if" line.  If you look down you will see that you also need to change where it writes the output files and declares things.  There are other Darwins in that code block you will need to change to "Linux64".
>
> I changed the remap part to look like this:
>
>     cat > $EUPS_PATH/site/manifest.remap <<-EOF
>         python  system
>         numpy   system
>         scipy   system
>         matplotlib system
> EOF
>
> Also, you will need to make the config file for numpy and declare numpy like Paul pointed out to me in yesterday's message and you will need to also declare matplotlib as being a system entry (but you don't need to make a config file for it).
>
> -Chris

So I moved to Spring2013..and added the matplotlib system entry, though
I was able to avoid doing so entirely with the Winter2013 attempt.  Did
the config step for numpy, and skipped the config file as you suggested
but it ended with this:

eups distrib: No source is available for package matplotlib system

My manifest.remap looks like this:
        python  system
        numpy   system
        scipy   system
        matplotlib system
        gcc     system
        gmp     None
        mpfr    None
        mpc     None

Where I had to add the numpy, scipy and matplot lib entries - the rest
appeared on their own after editing newinstall.sh
My Anaconda 1.8.0 has matplotlib 1.3.1

Take care,
Heather