[lsst-dm-stack-users] image.getArray() question

Mario Juric mjuric at lsst.org
Mon Feb 10 15:50:55 PST 2014

On 2/10/14, 14:18 , Robert Lupton the Good wrote:
>> An optimal thing would be to allow the other convention by overloading
>> __call__, e.g.:
>>
>>   img(x, y) = blah
>
> You can write img(x, y)[:] = blah -- this is already useful:
> 	exp.getMaskedImage().getImage()[:] = 1
> works
>
> But on the main topic, there's no consistent answer to the (x, y) v. (y, x) convention question.  Sorry.

Can we sprinkle some syntactic frosting to enable:

	exp.maskedImage.image[:] = 1

(where ...image is an ndarray-compatible object), and then the transpose
is simply:

	exp.maskedImage.image.T

? Or does swig make this difficult?

--
Mario Juric,
Data Mgmt. Project Scientist, Large Synoptic Survey Telescope