[lsst-dm-stack-users] geom package dependencies

Paul Price price at astro.princeton.edu
Mon Jun 2 07:55:15 PDT 2014

On May 30, 2014, at 8:50 AM, Fabrice Jammes wrote:
> geom package contains only two python files : geometry.py and tests/geometry.py. Nevertheless, in order to run its unit tests procedure, file tests/geometry.py relies on utils package.

It doesn't look to me like we're really using the functionality of the utils package (e.g., doesn't include Citizen, so lsst.utils.tests.init and MemoryTestCase not useful), so it could be easily refactored to completely remove the dependency.

> Otherwise, could you explain me the meaning of "import lsstimport" in python/lsst/_init_.py ? (It seems lsstimport is related to SWIG, and geom doesn't build SWIG modules. So is this import usefull for geom )

I believe it's only required for SWIG-ed packages, so it's probably vestigial or cargo-culting, and can be removed.  Please try it and check.

P.