[lsst-dm-stack-users] Problems with "Processing a Single Image File"

Robert Lupton the Good rhl at astro.princeton.edu
Fri Jun 13 13:46:58 PDT 2014

> I agree that it would be incredibly useful to have this very simple case work.  As it is it's not really possible for new users to get started following the examples and pretty reasonable test cases.

Agreed.  Another option that Mario and I were discussing just this morning would be for someone (me?) to write a standalone script that used our tasks to process images.  It's a Lot easier to get a sane API for processing individual images and maintainable (== hackable) main script that way.

This is one of the motivations for the current push to document the task interfaces (i.e. the API at the "find objects" or "solve for zeropoints" level as opposed to the afw primitives); see https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-872