[lsst-dm-stack-users] [LSST-data] Fail to newinstall.sh on MacOS 10.8: doxygen: eups: command not found (fwd)

Dustin Lang dstndstn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 06:55:35 PDT 2014

Aha, I found out what my problem was.

In my ~/.bashrc I set BASH_ENV=~/.bashrc, and in ~/.bashrc I reset PATH,
PYTHONPATH, and some other variables.  To remind you, $BASH_ENV, if it
exists, is the startup script read by non-interactive bash shells (ie,
when running shell scripts).

As a result, commands like this fail, because the shell script runs in a
new shell, and my ~/.bashrc destroys the carefully setup environment:

source /usr/lsst/eups/bin/setups.sh; export EUPS_PATH=/usr/lsst; (/usr/lsst/EupsBuildDir/DarwinX86/scons-2.1.0+7/build.sh)

I believe a fix would be to suggest that users:

unset BASH_ENV

before running newinstall.sh.

For me, this results in a successful run from a clean directory.

Thanks again to everyone for their help, and my apologies for the trouble.

--dustin