[lsst-dm-stack-users] missing Bison etc.

Mario Juric mjuric at lsst.org
Sat Jun 28 07:49:29 PDT 2014

On 6/28/14, 5:53 , Dave Monet wrote:
> Of course, the cognoscenti realized yesterday afternoon
> that my local version (i.e., under /home/dgm/linux) of
> Bison would not be found by newinstall.sh, and that
> this exercise was just a waste of time.
>
> It would seem that a BOLD FACE note on the Prerequisites
> page is that the subject utilities must be installed,
> and that they MUST be installed in root-ish paths like
> /usr or /bin or similar.

Hi Dave,
	I'm puzzled by this -- doxygen uses the standard autoconf-generated
scripts that should be capable of autodetecting things like bison no
matter where they're installed, as long as they're on the path. Could
you verify you had bison on the path (e.g., just type 'bison' and see
what happens)?

	Secondly, when the build fails it should leave behind a log file (with
its path printed to the console), in the build directory. If you
continue to have problems, could you send us a tarball of that entire
directory? By looking at the various log files in there I'm sure we can
figure out what's going on.

Cheers,
--
Mario Juric,
Data Mgmt. Project Scientist, Large Synoptic Survey Telescope