[lsst-dm-stack-users] Request for 2MASS astrometry.net indexes in the LSST style with J, J_err, H, H_err, Ks, Ks_err

Michael Wood-Vasey wmwv at pitt.edu
Mon Jun 30 09:06:01 PDT 2014

Dear Dustin or other experts,

Could I ask your indulgence.

Would you, or someone else, be easily able to prepare a version of the LSSTish astrometry.net index files that include the 2MASS J, J_err, H, H_err, and Ks, Ks_err values?

I read the useful instructions on how to do it at

https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/Building+Astrometry.net+Index+Files

but the first step of downloading all of 2MASS seems inefficient and I was hopeful that perhaps someone who already has 2MASS could do this easily.

Thanks,
Michael