[lsst-dm-stack-users] Feedback on preparing a relocatable binary distribution of the stack

Robert Lupton the Good rhl at astro.princeton.edu
Wed Sep 24 07:12:38 PDT 2014

Very interesting, I think that there are other people thinking about binary installers so maybe it'd be good to share ideas?

For example, I have a fond hope that:
	1.  We could put an anaconda backend onto eups (I don't *think* that this would be hard...)
	2.  Use [ana]conda to do the binary install
That way people would be able to freely move between a complete binary installation and the full power (and responsibility) of the environment we're using.

In the short run I think a binary installer would be very useful, so I'm not trying to delay working solutions with a vision of Utopia.