[LSST|dm-users 554] Problem with "Testing the Installation"

Will Dawson will at dawsonresearch.com
Tue Feb 10 11:03:57 PST 2015

Thanks to many of your helpful comments I was able to build the stack. However when I ran the steps in Testing the Installation <https://confluence.lsstcorp.org/display/LSWUG/Testing+the+Installation> the resulting detected-sources.txt catalog is vastly different from the detected-sources.txt.expected catalog. I have put snippets of these files on:

https://gist.github.com/292447e1c70fd494a765 <https://gist.github.com/292447e1c70fd494a765>

As you can see many of the outputs are the same (e.g. coord_ra, coord_dec) but many are different (e.g. id apparently offset by 20) but most notably the parameter columns in the files are very different.

Note that this seems to be different from https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-1086 <https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-1086>.

Also note that the test did not return a warning as I might have expected from line 141 of https://github.com/LSST/buildbot/blob/master/scripts/runManifestDemo.sh#L139 <https://github.com/LSST/buildbot/blob/master/scripts/runManifestDemo.sh#L139> . On a related note it might be nice to add
else  [ $? == 0 ]; then … "some positive message regarding the matching” …

Finally, shouldn’t I be submitting this stuff as an issue on github or bitbucket rather than emailing this list? I don’t seem to have access to git.lsstcorp.org <http://git.lsstcorp.org/> though (perhaps I just have to wait for my gitolite account).

Thanks,
Will